Data Visualization Aggregator: https://www.tictrac.com
– Collects data from multiple personal APIs, and puts the data together into various graphs of your choosing.
Visualization: Feltron Annual Report: http://feltron.com/ar12_04.html
– Founder of Daytum and the Reporter app produces annual reports with his amassed data. The particular linked one provides a fascinating graph of being with friends versus the intimacy of the occasion.
– Nick Feltron of the above visualization does some neat work.
Visualization Tool: http://mikemcdearmon.com/portfolio/techposts/charting-libraries-using-d3
– Collection of extensions for the D3.js library.
Data Collection Tool: http://www.sitepoint.com/creating-a-graph-with-quartz-2d/
– Creating a graph with Quartz 2D for an iOS app, the particular link being an extensive tutorial.
Discussion Forum: http://www.reddit.com/r/visualization/
– Reddit, of course.
– Criticism of the Nike Fuelband app visualization.
Data Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/datasets/
– People sharing datasets for fun.
Data Ethics: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/514346/the-data-made-me-do-it/
– “The Data Made Me Do It” – Specifically looking at Google Now.
A Book: http://amzn.com/B00F0WRXI0
– “Data Smart,” Interesting mix of technicalities (graphic modularity, AI, regressions) and design theory (making it compelling)—a good all-round text on visualizing data.